Dating Direct UK 2010 Review
Although Dating Direct may not have the high profile sheen of some of the other UK Relationship sites that we have reviewed it does seem to attract a very proactive clientele, leading to the feeling of a well used and alive site. The main point that stuck out for us when we reviewed Dating Direct was the value in terms of features and members that you get for your hard earned cash. Dating direct is a very well established website, and over the years has honed its interface to allow a for very simple and intuitive search facility. This quick and simple approach is a common theme flowing through the site- from the sign up process right through to the final search and interactive options. This does not necessarily mean that your profile space is lacking, as dating direct have provided you with your very own personal blurb space where you can actually list your main assets or simply post a little about you.
Getting started – Putting together Your Dating Direct Profile
Dating direct seem to have found just the right balance when it comes to profile building. Certainly the relationships sites team had just about enough of all of the questions and freehand writing that we had already done when we had reviewed several other sites – however we were pleasantly surprised by the Profile builder, a super little tool (that frankly should be a feature of every relationship site) that actually guides you through each step of putting together your profile, offering tips, advice and useful hints all of the way.
What you get – features
Although this isn’t really a “feature” we think that the Find love guarantee was worth a special mention of its own, ANY member that has paid up for any subscription is able to request their subscription BACK if they don’t find love! Sounds too good to be true? We applied and sure enough got our money back! – no quibbles.
Back to the review..
Once you have completed the sign up and profile phase you are taken to your own homepage that you have already filled out with details of your traits and those of the person that you are looking to find, also the type of relationship that you are looking for. Your profile is a living work, and can be changed and updated as and when you feel the need.
On your home page you are given quick views of anything that has happened in the recent past, like histories of winks and email that you have sent and received and we loved this feature as it allows you to get a quick snapshot of latest events without having to search and delve too deeply into your e-mails etc – ideal for those in a rush.
Live chat- whilst other relationship sites shy away for this as a safety precaution – Dating Direct have included an MSN-like instant messaging feature to allow you to interact with prospective partners directly, yep in real-time by webcam.
The Hunt – searching Dating Direct
Dating direct have split their search option into three distinct groups – one-click search, that is ideal for those of you that just want a general idea of the type of people on this site allowing you to search basic criteria. While the next tier allows you to search based on location and age, the final and most comprehensive tier giving you tons of options and the chance to gain a real insight into those that show up on your searches. The relationship site team found that being able to save detailed searches was a great time saver.
Free vs Paid site
The free subscription was a bit too light on options and features to allow us to get a real idea of how the site performs without having paid a subscription, but given that dating direct is one of the cheaper relationship sites that we have reviewed – paying for the full membership was no too much of a burden- and actually quite good value for money.
Cost of Dating direct membership subscription
- Free to register for DatingDirect.com’s service, and set up a profile.
- £22.80 per month for 1 month.
- £14.99 per month for 3 months, a total of £44.97 which is a total saving of 35%
- £9.99 per month for 6 months, a total of £59.94, which is a total saving of 55%
- Subscribers can pay by bank card, PayPay or Click&Buy.
- Find Love Guarantee where ANY paid up members may apply for a refund if they don’t find love.
- Video Intro, is a 1 minute video snippet designed to allow you to introduce yourself
- Mobile Dating, so that you can keep up to date with your account and events wherever you are
- Regular “real world” events so that you can arrange to meet a prospective partner in safety
- Personal blurb feature, allowing for those with a creative hand to let loose.
- 3.5 million UK singles .
- Pop-up alerts whenever a member winks at you, visits your page or adds you to their list of contacts (when you’re on the site).
- User Friendly profile builder
- My Perfect Match feature, where you can describe exactly what you’re looking for in a partner. This enables you to meet people who meet this criteria.
- Very thorough search feature
- Send Winks and messages
- Live chat on with video streaming if required am needed)
- Photo Album that will hold and display (if you want it to) 20 photos for other users to view
- My Favourites, a list of those members that have caught your eye
- Email alerts when you get new messages, a member winks at you, visits your page or adds you to their list of contacts (when you’re off line).
- Saved Contacts. For quick access to everyone that you have met
- Confidence Charter, a sort of code of conduct setting out how to conduct yourself on the site
Performing a search on Dating Direct:
- The impressive search engine allows you to search the following criteria:
- Level Of Education
- Have or Want Children
- Physical Appearance
- Living Arrangements
- Marital Status
- With Photo
- You may also use 1-click searches for:
- Born on the Same Day as I
- Soul mates
- Your Perfect Match
- Their Perfect Match
- Users Celebrating Their Birthday
- Users Living Near You
Pros and Cons of dating direct
Easy to use live chat and nice feature to see who’s visiting your profile in real time.
Lots of features can make it a bit dizzying to begin with. Bigger fonts please!